Well, I have been waiting and waiting for luck to be on my side and it's finally happened. When I decided to let the house be repo'd last year it was a tough decision. It sucked because the house was MINE and dammit--I had to move only because I didn't have the money to pay to get the gas line fixed after Captain Dipshit messed that up for me and the kids. I remember how awful I felt. I was ashamed and felt like a loser. But I had to move or else we would have froze over the winter. I searched for a place to move and NOBODY would give me a chance. As soon as I said I was going thru a divorce I got the door slammed in my face, time after time. I finally found an apt in the paper and met my now landlord, who actually gave me the chance to prove myself. And that I did. I have spent the past 14 months now living in this apartment and making sure to pay my rent on time and keep this place clean and well kept...well, as tidy as I can with three kids living here. Lol. I have not been late on my rent once and for that I am pretty proud of myself. I've proven to my landlord, and myself more importantly, that I can be independent and rely on no one but myself. When my rent was up this past September I called my landlord, after hearing from my maintenance guy, about a house he had just bought for rental property. Unfortunatly I didn't reach my LL in time and he already had someone sign the lease. I was kinda upset, because I actually drove by the house and fell in love instantly with the outside of it and the neighborhood. My LL told me though that he didn't want to lose me as a tentant because he knows I am trustworthy and he would have definetly let me move from this apt to that house if I had called him just a few days prior. He offered me a deal I couldn't refuse if I would re-sign my lease here in this apt with the agreement that he would allow me to move into another one of his HOUSES if the opportunity arose. He was looking to buy another house sometime in the near future so I figured it was a good idea and its not like this apartment is hideous or anything like that.
Well, unfortunately for him, but LUCKILY for me, the tenant that moved into the house I fell in love with just a couple of months ago turned out to be an irresponsible liar and he evicted her. I talked to him yesterday morning and he told me that the house is mine if I still wanted to move. HELL YEAH!! So he just got possession back today and I already have a key. And I must say...THIS HOUSE IS IMMACULATE!!!! It's huge! Beautiful, newly remodeled kitchen with oak cabinets. The biggest living room I have ever seen before with all hard wood flooring!!! New windows, new roof, new furnace! It has a decent size yard for the kids and the neighborhood is full of other children and---don't laugh---but I am all excited theres a sidewalk on the street too. LOL. Three bedrooms upstairs with a nice large bathroom that has the washer and dryer hookups. Tons of closet space. There's a half bath downstairs just off the dining room, but I am honestly considering using that room for my bedroom and giving Anthony his own bedroom upstairs--he would be so THRILLED! The basement is full sized too! The one and only downfall is there's no garage. :( Which sucks. Because----hey, I don't think I ever mentioned this since I started blogging again--but I have a new(er) car. It's a 1996 sebring convertible. hee hee. So I guess I will gladly get up a half an hour early every day to warm that baby up in order to live in a house I have been dreaming of for a long time now!
This house is even much nicer than the house me and Jamie were buying. Its going to be $65 more a month than the rent I pay now, but hey, thats just working an extra shift at work every week.
It feels good to finally have something like this happen. I've been waiting and getting very impatient with all the talk about "good things will come my way". Finally, my relationship is at a perfect balance with Brad and now this!
I don't think I will get any sleep tonight--lol.
9 months ago




8 comments:
YEAH!!! I AM SO EXCITED FOR U! woohooo!
We wanna see pictures! :)
Kelly
Good news. Congrats on the new place!
June
That is so wonderful!
I'm so happy for you, Holly.
The house sounds amazing!
XOXO
now that is great news! you all so deserve it!!
That is so great!! You and the kids deserve a great home!
That is great to hear! I can't wait till you guys are settled in and you show us some pictures :-)
AWESOME!!!!! I'm so excited for you!! Can't wait to see pics! the kids will be in heaven!!!! Lisa (lisita15)
Good news. Congrats on the new place!
How to make a website
Post a Comment