CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I did it, I voted

I guess it really is a time for change. I've always been anti-politics, but this election really caught my interest. I'm proud to say I voted for Obama and I am very pleased to see that most of the country did, also. My kids were even very intrigued by the news all night, as we watched the numbers for each of our local counties and the states. The boys voted at school and they too, voted Obama. Smart kids I have. LOL I was so nervous going to vote yesterday. More afraid of looking like an idiot because I didn't know for sure how it worked and I was afraid of a long line. My precinct was only about 4 or 5 blocks from my house so I just walked over so I wouldn't have to fight for a parking place. Luckily, there were only about 7 or 8 people in line ahead of me and it took me approximately 15 minutes to get signed in and cast my vote. It might sound silly, but I am feeling good about what I did. Even though, I do realize that without my one single vote, Obama would have won, regardless. It was a giant part of history though. I'm glad I did it.

I should be doing some errands and balancing some bills instead of sitting here writing, but I'm enjoying the piece and quiet in the house right now. The kids are all at school and I have about an hour before I leave for work. Somehow this coffee tastes so much better as I am sitting here enjoying it in silence. Lol. Mariah is getting school pictures today, so she was so happy to get all dressed up this morning. I gave Carson money for the book fair so he was happy as ever. And Anthony is just excited because he has wrestling practice tonight after school and his dad is actually going to pick him (and the other 2 up) and take him. It means the world to him for Jamie to be there, but this will be the first practice he actually is. I just hope he is on time and doesnt ruin this for the Anthony. I hate to see him heartbroke any more. I'm going to a spice of life party tonight, *smirk* otherwise I would be the one taking him.

I had a wonderful weekend last weekend. Friday night I took my kids trick or treating at Brad's. He lives half an hour away, so it was a new neighborhood for me and the kids. But the big deal here is that he had his girls and we all went together. And an even bigger deal to me is that I met his parents for the first time. Sounds wierd because I have been dating him for close to 2 years now and I haven't met them, until Friday. We also went back over on Sunday for a birthday party for his oldest daughter who turned 8. I took the kids to Kohls and bought her a couple of shirts and a pair of jeans--very cute outfit. I just adore this little girl, so I loved shopping for her---all except the fact that my 3 kids were with me in the store acting like maniacs the entire time. *sigh* I finally have this relationship just where I wanted it to be. We've had a rocky road, but I guess it's to be expected. We were both going thru major turning points in our lives. My divorce and he works for gm, so he was laid off for almost 2 years. I'm finally adjusted to this unmarried life and he is back to work and we all know how it makes a man feel to make money vs feeling like shit because they are collecting unemployment. This is the only relationship that I have been involved where things go at a safe pace. No rushing into things. We have built a solid ground and although I wish I met his children and parents months ago, I am feeling very secure to know that he doesn't jump the gun. I guess I have more respect for him. I believe him when he says he loves me and the fact that he is so protective of his girls, and now I am involved with them I feel he is very serious about me. And he is so good with my kids--who by the way have taken a strong liking to his girls. :) I'm all smiles these days.

Well, its getting to be that time, later.

4 comments:

Bridgett said...

What a great post! You're happy, I'm happy, the world's happy! Well, at least many of them are anyway.

I'm proud of you for getting out and voting yesterday. I always feel so satisfied after I vote....like I really made a difference.

We made history!

Also glad to hear your relationship is so solid. That's excellent news!

No need to rush things.

XOXO

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

It's great to hear how happy you are. And he's a good dad... that says a lot.

I'm so glad to hear you voted. It feels awesome doesn't it, to be a part of this change that's about to take place?

My coffee tastes better in silence, too ;)

beachmom15 said...

Good Girl!!! I have voted every single time, since I was 18!! I also told my kids that I expect them to do the same! We sure were a part of history. Amazing to see history in the making! Lisa

kanishk said...

I'm proud of you for getting out and voting yesterday. I always feel so satisfied after I vote....like I really made a difference.
How to make a website