CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 16, 2008

What day is it??

It's hard to remember what day of the week it is. I was thinking it was Wednesday all morning. My days all run together. I do the same thing day after day. Get up, get the kids up. Run around getting them ready for school. Mariah gets dropped off at her school first then I take the boys to the bus stop and send them on their way. I get about 40 minutes to myself which usually consists of making phone calls, balancing the checkbook and paying some bills. Then I get myself gathered and head off to work. When I get done there the kids are waiting for me at the daycare and we head home to get supper and spend some time doing different things. Fighting with Anthony about homework is almost a guaranteed part of the day. He despises homework. Lol. I get so irritated with the papers the kids bring home. It's always nice to see what they are doing at school, but at the same time I am left with a shitload of papers that I am never sure about throwing out, holding onto for awhile to help them study or keeping for a momento. Seriously, I get stressed out by these trivial things. Lol

I try to get the kids to bed by 8:30 and that itself is a defeat. Mariah is finally going to bed with the boys and sleeping in her own bed. Most of the time, she ends up in my bed sometime thru the night but she is getting better at it.

I'm still with Brad. This relationship is much better than it was the last time I wrote about it. We are doing great. He is working afternoon shifts (which I hate) so I see him about 2 or 3 times a week. He comes over after work, which is late, and I stay up and spend time with him. This past weekend was a memorable one because we got our kids together for the first time. It was very important to both him and I and it makes me love him that much more knowing that he is careful about how he is handling his girls' feelings (he has 2 beautiful little girls 7, and 4 years old), unlike my kids' father-who has had multiple girls in and out of my kids weekend visits with him.

The kids are going thru a lot when it comes to their father. I am trying my best to talk to Anthony and have him open up a little more about his feelings. He is a lot like me. He bottles up his feelings until he literally pops and then all these emotions come out and it makes things harder to deal with. He is getting older and understanding more. I'm not so sure this is a good thing, only because he has more to deal with emotionally now. He started wrestling again. About 3 weeks ago they began their early season practices. This is his 4th year and I am so proud of him. Now, school is a whole different deal for him. He is having a rough time in 4th grade and I feel like a failure of a parent because I know I need to work more with him on his study habits. Again, budgeting time is very hard in life these days. Trying to divide my time at home between 3 kids, fighting for my full attention is a hard role for a mom.

I just looked at the time and *gasp* I have to wash my hair still and it takes forever to straighten...so I better head out and get my day started. I just wanted to take the time to update a little more.

Thanks for following me everyone!

6 comments:

Rose said...

glad you moved over here too. Your children are getting so big! You will do fine you are a strong woman. And a good mom. Take care.

Rose
http://everythingisgoingtobeallright2.blogspot.com/

Bridgett said...

The life of a mother...it's never-ending, isn't it?

One thing I know about you, Holly, you're a good mommy. You'll get your kids through all of these difficult times and they'll be better people for it.

Hang in there.
Glad things are going well with Brad! :)

June said...

I know what you mean about all the stuff that comes home from school with the kids. I usually put it in a pile for about a week and if they do not need anything by then, I trash some and put whatever I want to save in their school memory box.
I'm glad things are going well with Brad, you deserve to be happy.
June

Lazarai said...

SOOOOOO good to hear from you Holly!! The kids are adorable - I can't get over how old they look now (the change in Mariah especially!!).

You're a wonderful mom, Holly, and you sound GREAT! Busy, but good, so I'm happy for you!

Hugs,
Carol

Terri said...

You are a great Mom ..Holly!

Glad things are going well with Brad...

Hope you have a good weekend

Hugs
Terri

lisa said...

it is a GOOD thing that Anthony has a release....such as wrestling. It will ground him and give him confidence. I went thru all kinds of garbage with Megan and my ex and she is 19 and just takes him for what he is and goes on with her life. The kids WILL adapt but it may be a hell of a ride when they hit their teens if your ex is still a mess. Thank God they have YOU as the stable parent.