CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Trying to get back into the swing of this...

It's been so long since I have really updated my journal and the sad thing is I don't even know what I want to say tonight. I don't know where to start, there's just so much that has been going on in life lately. I've been extremely busy taking care of the kids, the apartment and working. Oh and balancing time with my boyfriend :) If only there were more hours in the day.

The kids are doing good. There's a few issues with their father, still. It will always be never ending I am learning. They are having a rough time lately dealing with a few things and I am trying my hardest to get them thru it. I don't have all the answers, not even for myself, and its that much harder to try and give them comforting words to make them feel better.

It's going on two years already since their father turned a-hole. I can honestly say I am comfortable with the way I am handling my life now. It's far from easy, but I am doing this all on my own--I've made it thru. I have just resigned my rental agreement for this apartment. I'm still working at the same place and I'm trying to come up with a game plan to get back in school in January. That might have to be pushed back, but only because I think my kids are still in need of my full focused attention still. Their father is slowly but surely losing interest in them since our divorce was final. And to think he was wanting shared custody during the whole battle. I knew it would come to this, and sadly enough, I can foresee it deteriorating even more in the future.

Anthony is having some problems with his teeth and needs oral surgery sometime soon. That's another worry, but luckily its not too severe of a problem. I've been trying for a couple of months now to get the insurance figured out and find a dental surgeon. It's mind boggling.

Carson is doing very well in 1st grade. He LOVES that he can read now. He has a bit of a temper problem that we are working on getting under control. But he is still the same loving little boy. :)

Mariah is such a ham. She's in her second year of preschool now. Very girly, if you ask me---I have no idea how that happened...*wink* lol

I'll post some halloween pictures soon. (my favorite holiday!)

My boyfriend just got here, so I am off to spend the last couple hours of the night with him. :)
catch ya later!

4 comments:

Bridgett said...

I think blogging will help you work through these problems even more. Not only because you get feedback, but also because it allows your subconcious to write out what's locked inside.

Writing is therapeutic on many levels.

As for the insurance, maybe try getting medicaid for the kids? I can't get it for Autumn because we 'make too much...ha!' but Parker qualifies due to his disabilities.

Glad to have you back, Holly. :)

CntryMomma said...

Well, I think you said it all beautifully. So glad "you're back". I understand why you stepped away ... you had your priorities in line ... I'll leave it at that.

I really do admire you. You're a strong woman and wonderful mother. ;o)

June said...

I'm glad to hear that all is going well for you. The kids are growing up so fast. I feel your pain with the dental stuff. We do not have dental insurance and it is costing us a fortune!
I had no doubt that it would all start to come together for you, you are a strong woman and a great mom. I am proud of you.
June

Terri said...

SO good to hear from you again Holly...

The kids are really growing, love their pic on the sidebar.

Sorry to hear your ex is losing interest in the kids...someday he will regret it...for sure...you are amazing and you have given it your all throughout the last couple years...your kids have a great mother! =)

Your background for your page is beautiful...if you got it from a website could you send the link to me @ chevyz71gurl74@aol.com... I like to have several to choose from...


Have a good weekend
Hugs
Terri