CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

found an extra minute

I changed my blog layout, again. Lol. I can't seem to find one I am happy with. Maybe I will stick with this one for awhile. I have just a few minutes before I have to jump in the shower for work. And I should be on the phone calling around to these oral surgeons listed in the insurance book but I feel stupid everytime I talk to someone because they don't seem to realize that I don't work in the field so when they say things like, "we aren't on the dental plan, just the medical" and I'm calling their DENTAL office because my son is needing surgery on his TEETH, I am confused about what they mean by its medical and not dental. And when I try to get someone to explain it to me, they make me feel like a moron. Of course I am not getting any answers that I need about it either. *sigh*

The kids were just put on Jamie's insurance about a month ago. Yet, another part of the court order he didnt follow thru with in the beginning. Somehow thru the divorce court, he got away with not paying for anything or doing the things we were both supposed to. I don't know how he managed to do it. And here I am, following the law by the books in fear of being in contempt. I just want to get this insurance figured out so I can get Anthony's teeth taken care of and not have to pay a zillion dollars out of my pocket. Why does it have to be so confusing???

The kids haven't seen their dad in a about 3 and half weeks and its killing them. I feel partly to blame because I kept them home from their weekend visit only because my brother was getting married and then we went to that halloween party. Oh, and that Sunday Jamie wanted to take them and I told him I was going to keep them home because Anthony had wrestling practice and the last weekend they were with Jamie, he didn't take Anthony because his other son had a football game. Poor Anthony was heartbroke over it too. So Anthony asked me Monday if his dad could come and pick them up one day after school this week like he used to. Of course he can! I never told him to NOT take them during the week, he just QUIT doing it months ago. So Anthony called his dad and asked him to pick them up Wednesday. Jamie said yea...and they talked on the phone for awhile. When he hung up, I asked him...."Anthony, if you want to see your dad so badly, why did you ask him about picking you up on Wednesday and not tomorrow" Anthony says, "well tomorrow I have a math test and its going to be a bad day for me so Wednesday is better". Lmao. He cracks me up.

Poor kid. We studied together for almost an hour Monday evening for that math test too. He was so wigged out about it, he couldnt go to sleep that night. He's not doing that great in the subject, and I am not that great either. And has anyone here tried working on 4th grade math? YIKES.

3 comments:

Bridgett said...

I hope you get the insurance thing straightened out soon. I know it's frustrating. My husband works for Blue Cross Blue Shield...he detests it.

I can't believe Jamie would basically 'pick' one son over the other and make Anthony miss his practice. That's awful. :(

Have a good day at work!

Terri said...

I suck at math and understanding all the insurance lingo...lol

I hope you are able to get the insurance taken care of and Anthony's dental work done soon...

Hugs
Terri

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

As far as the insurance goes... I'm no expert but we just changed insurance and I read through the info packet the other day. I think that certain dental procedures are covered by your health insurance instead of dental insurance. Oral surgery due to an injury and things like that, should all be put through your medical insurance instead of dental. I don't know if that helped but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway!